Those are the same stars, and that is the same moon, that look down upon your brothers and sisters, and which they see as they look up to them, though they are ever so far away from us, and each other.Sojourner Truth
My goodness this week has been one huge roller coaster ride for me from all aspects of my life. I’m beyond over stimulated! I need a hot bath with bubbles and a candle asap!!
Friday the fifth, the moon will be filled! I figured with all these feels, I’d share some different ways to find the calm in midst of overstimulation.
- A bath with candle light or with the lights out.
- dip your head under water
- calming music
- use a heated or weighted blanket (there are times I use both at the same time it’s amazing)
- Find a public speaker who soothes you and listen to them
- hang upside (I did this as a kid over the edge of my bed lol)
- sit in a quite space with the lights out
- practice deep breathing exercises
What calms you when you’re overstimulated?