6 Ways to intentionally hear and understand yourself
- Use words of affirmation followed by supportive actions
- Believe yourself
- Allow your feelings to flow through you and trust they have their place in your life
- Study the works and lives of leaders who inspire you
- Learn your values and goals
- When people say nice things about you, believe them
A few days ago, I shared a post about freedom to be heard. Above is a list of ways to intentionally hear and understand yourself but I think a better title would be 6 Ways to Show Up for Yourself. Part of feeling heard and understood, is when we show up for ourselves.
We can write stories all day about speaking up and saving the world but what does it mean if those words aren’t improving us as human beings? If I’m going to write, I’m going to write in way that improves me as a human so I can improve the lives of those around me. So these intentions, or ways to show up, are an important part of my growth.
In case you missed it