I have gone through my own rough times. I have pretended like I didn’t care about things till I truly didn’t care about them. I didn’t want to care anymore. I wanted my feelings to go away so I could just move forward in life and not be held down by them. I hurt myself in the process. Losing my feelings made it so that people couldn’t hurt me
1. Allow yourself to fall. Cry, scream, nap, do self care.
2. Get healthy. Healthy diet and exercise help with a healthy mind.
3. Talk it out. Find someone who is in a healthy place emotionally to talk it out.
4. Set goals to focus on for the next year. Not so focused they become a crutch just a means to move forward.
5. Surround yourself with communities that share your interests.
6. Trust your gut. When something doesn’t feel right, trust that. Don’t let people take advantage of your vulnerable state. If they weren’t there through the struggle chances are they won’t be there through the healing.
7. Move forward. Stay away from environments that no longer serve you. Learn the signs and patterns of toxic behaviors and set boundaries immediately so you don’t end up in the same situations over and over again.
8. Learn to be ok alone. Become your own best friend. Learn yourself. Take up hobbies. Feed your brain.
This past month, I have been taking time to recall my past year. It’s been tough to feel like I’m putting myself through the past again, but in September, while I was going through a rough patch, I found myself diving headfirst into a lot of pieces I wrote over the years. Hearing how I felt in different situations gave me perspective and helped me to heal myself. I also began to go through a lot of my old Facebook posts. I truly thank past Saschia for the encouragement she constantly poured out. So from here on out, I’m going to make sure I record my current thoughts and feelings even if in my present moment they seem insignificant. Also, I’m going to post on my social media as if I’m speaking to my future self so that when the time comes, I’ll have someone telling me exacly what I need to hear when I need to hear it. So basically, writing and posting my feelings in the present moment is loving myself. Did you write today?
She gathered the love notes
the sporadic ones
the demanded ones
she gathered her books
her sorrows and her understandings
and she left
She began to build her ark
the blueprint laid out from above
she stacked her self-love
and internal conversations
she’s had with heavenly hosts
layer by layer
This will help her bare the storm
This will get her through
The steam around me is hardly noticed
cooped in the shed
that came with our backyard
I take breaths
I feel the shower and take in that very moment
it feels so good to breathe
without a worry
My head rests against the wall
and I think of how hard it is to think
how hard it is to not be automatic
I swallow basic thoughts
crunch on mere survival
The fog fills the bathroom
and blurs the mirror
I cannot see me
but I can see the fog
I love my life and accept that most days I’m not going to check everything off the list and that is ok.