1. Allow yourself to fall. Cry, scream, nap, do self care.
2. Get healthy. Healthy diet and exercise help with a healthy mind.
3. Talk it out. Find someone who is in a healthy place emotionally to talk it out.
4. Set goals to focus on for the next year. Not so focused they become a crutch just a means to move forward.
5. Surround yourself with communities that share your interests.
6. Trust your gut. When something doesn’t feel right, trust that. Don’t let people take advantage of your vulnerable state. If they weren’t there through the struggle chances are they won’t be there through the healing.
7. Move forward. Stay away from environments that no longer serve you. Learn the signs and patterns of toxic behaviors and set boundaries immediately so you don’t end up in the same situations over and over again.
8. Learn to be ok alone. Become your own best friend. Learn yourself. Take up hobbies. Feed your brain.
The Art of Letting Go
She gathered the love notes
the sporadic ones
the demanded ones
she gathered her books
her sorrows and her understandings
and she left
She began to build her ark
the blueprint laid out from above
she stacked her self-love
and internal conversations
she’s had with heavenly hosts
layer by layer
This will help her bare the storm
This will get her through
Be Like Noah
The many ways women fight oppression
Breaking men’s hearts
Ridding themselves of all things beauty
Working their asses off to prove they can do what men can
Staying home and doing what they love
Embracing all things beauty
being confident in their body
Learning self defense
Creating a workplace the supports women’s needs
Picking up male mannerisms
Letting men help around the house
Being the breadwinner
Being a mom
Eating healthy and going to gym
Voicing their opinions
Yelling and screaming
Hiring more women in the workplace
Teaching more women
Supporting more women emotionally spiritually and financially
Shake Shakin what they mama gave em…
The list infinite… And I’m open to hearing more