Shouting into the wind
I shared and I shared
And I yelled and I screamed
Not even an echo returned
Not even silence
And I noticed the other day
How you gave me a hint
Just a tiny peak inside your mind
All for a fuck
You knew my weakness
I’m learning though.
I see now
how you’ve made it so far
Without being present
Their duffle bags
My chest rises on their arrival
And falls on their departure
It aches to think that
I’ve done it, again
To my children
I’ve no plan for this
My few freedoms
in someone else’s hands
My patience wearing thin
Behind my smile
And a grin
random living supplies
But you can’t divide children
Here’s your mail
And your time
But these humans
we have to share
We could be fair about it
But let’s be honest
Life’s not fair
Values aren’t shared
So this is yours
And that is mine
See you the next time
we share the kids
If I could
I would take your anxieties wrap them up tight and throw them in the ocean
I’d take your sadness and carry them to the grave
And I’d fight every single battle you were too scared to face
But I wasn’t placed here to be your savior
I can’t wrap my hands around your feelings
No matter how bad I want to
So throw your anxieties, carry your sadness, and face your battles
And tell me everything because I want to hear you speak of your thoughts and feelings
and I want to hear how you conquer them
The lies of yesterday
No longer haunt me
The future a blur of goals and fantasies
Still my confidence doesn’t waiver
And my security becomes a brace
I’ve never been this woman
But hey this is my current space
I will stand on the shoulders of my enemies
To place the angel delicately a top my Christmas tree
Their selfish acts beside mine
Only my acts so deeply rooted by my own ancestors
That they have become a catapult
An explosion of sticky wet truth
Like an orgasm at just the right time
I will not wallow I will not beg
I will not stop until the truth spores inside so many crevices
They’ll never forget it
Finally in love with me. From inside the depths of my soul to my roots of curls. I’ve waited so long to feel so healthy, so healed, and so ready to take on life. I thought and planned that by the time I got here I’d be celebrating with you. Maybe you weren’t meant to be part of this celebration. Maybe all the times you made me feel like shit for healing brought us to this.
Aw well, let the celebrating commence!!!
1. Allow yourself to fall. Cry, scream, nap, do self care.
2. Get healthy. Healthy diet and exercise help with a healthy mind.
3. Talk it out. Find someone who is in a healthy place emotionally to talk it out.
4. Set goals to focus on for the next year. Not so focused they become a crutch just a means to move forward.
5. Surround yourself with communities that share your interests.
6. Trust your gut. When something doesn’t feel right, trust that. Don’t let people take advantage of your vulnerable state. If they weren’t there through the struggle chances are they won’t be there through the healing.
7. Move forward. Stay away from environments that no longer serve you. Learn the signs and patterns of toxic behaviors and set boundaries immediately so you don’t end up in the same situations over and over again.
8. Learn to be ok alone. Become your own best friend. Learn yourself. Take up hobbies. Feed your brain.
The Art of Letting Go
The earth opened up and pushed me over the edge. The dark was dark and only a seed of hope rested in my back pocket. Words swirled and spun around me, but I climbed and screamed and fought. I made it out and not one step was alone, even though at times I felt lonely. My nails were rugged and my gritted teeth cracked. But here I am, a little wiser, a little more gentle, and a lot more understanding.